Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Kenya - a nation burns...

I'm following the events unfold in Kenya with much interest. Back in the early 70's I lived in the beautiful city of Nairobi and some of my most memorable moments, as a teenager, were spent wandering around the Parklands neighborhood. Our family lived in the Hirani Estates complex and I attended Aga Khan Academy. So yes, I ache when I hear of the trouble in a nation that has been called the most stable in Africa politically over the past 40 years. Hopefully the efforts of the worldwide leadership to calm the waters succeed. I am surely looking forward to the GJ games to be on as planned at the end of this June - this will be the first time back for me after leaving in 1972.

Kenya talks suspended...

More Stories on what lies ahead for Kenya...

No comments: